8.08.2011

Baseball Players On Stamps: Who's Up?

Many may have seen this already or even blogged about it, but I thought this SI article - column, actually - by Joe Posnanski was relevant to the topics we love - you know, baseball (sports) and collecting.

After reading the article, if anyone wants to take a stab at guessing the players, feel free.

DiMaggio and certainly Williams - but who else? I don't collect stamps but I'd LOVE (capitalization for emphasis) to see Wilver Stargell on a stamp. For some reason, though, I'd be surprised if that happens even though Joe P. likes him for it.

I'm going to say Spahn and Pee Wee Reese join DiMaggio and Williams. I'd love to see both Stargell and Eddie Matthews though.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really into stamp collecting, but I do have a few Yanks. I think it's cool though...I like seeing any sort of themed stamp (states, events, players, people) on a letter over the boring Liberty Bells that have been the main Forever Stamp design.

    ReplyDelete

Search Me *shrugs*