The four who will join the Tigers and Angels in the Hall are:
Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, J.R. Richard and Nolan Ryan
For more about the winners, as well as the full slate of nominees, check out this story.
And this results mean after featuring just three teams, Mr. Ryan has made the Fun-Time Hall for two MLB teams. Can he make it three? Four?
Here's the voting breakdown:
- For teams in existence since 1920 or before, 7 players - the top vote-getters - will win first-ballot induction.
- For teams established between 1921-1940, 6 players will win first-ballot induction.
- For teams established between 1941-1960, 5 players will win first-ballot induction.
- For teams established between 1961-1975, 4 players will win first-ballot induction.
- For teams established between 1976-1990, 3 players will be inducted.
- For newer expansion teams, the ballots will be grouped and the top three from all of these teams will be inducted.
- Roughly one year after a team(s) is featured, a second ballot will be held.
- Four more players will enter the Hall for each team in existence since 1940 or before. Three more for teams established between 1941 and 1975. Two more for teams established after 1976. One more total for the combined newer expansion teams.* * I intend to fully adhere to these rules but I possibly will add a percentage requirement also for second-year induction, which I know for sure I'll implement in subsequent years.