Is it just me or are one-word-sentences-for-impact kind of douchey? Yet, I still insist on trotting them out every so often.
I guess that says a lot about who you are, fella.
So, I've been taking names and checking them ... oh, I'm lying, I haven't really checked them yet but I will - and, hey, I just made you think of Santa Claus, so some lies are good amiright?
So, thanks again to those of you who entered my first contest a couple of weeks ago. I'm finally getting back to it.
Yes, the long-awaited, but probably really not all that interesting 100th blog post contest here at Potch Wheeler and The Cardboard Heroes will finally get started ... soon.
I've been busy. Trying to buy a house, traveling for work, taking on extra work, what not - but enough excuses.
At the moment, there's at least one other contest wrapping up at the moment here in our nerdy corner of the blogosphere CLICK HERE!, so I don't want to steal her thunder but in the next day or so I'll tally the entries and hit the ol' randomizer.
But first, I'll offer one more - no two more - ways to enter. You folks who managed to get past the ridiculousness up top are in luck!
In the comments, and your answers can be short, please let me know:
1) Your age when you first start collecting? Who got you started and how?
2) Your favorite MLB team(s)?
3) Your favorite set or insert set? You are welcome to provide more than one answer.
4) List your favorite players (past or present). List up to 10.
You must answer at least three of the above questions to get an entry into the contest. Answer all four and you get two entries. By the way, I'd love to have everyone post their age as I'm interested in the demographics of this hobby. However, you aren't required to do so for entry.
Once I tally the final entries, including the entries that came in a few weeks back, I will do three randoms. The third will determine the winners. I will send eight prize packages to four people. If a repeat name comes up in the top four, then I will move down the list.
#1 - first choice
#2 - second choice
#3 - third choice
#4 - fourth choice
#1 - will get to choose another (fifth choice)
#2 - will get to choose another (sixth choice)
#3 - will get to choose another (seventh choice)
#4 - will get to choose another (eighth choice)
In the randomizer post that will come in the next couple of days, I will list the full set of prizes. Here's a peek at a couple of them.
1) Leon Durham autographed card. Back in August I wrote about how several players, including Durham, signed a couple of cards for me at The National. Sorry I didn't get this certified or anything.
3) The below card set available exclusively at The National in August.
4) Michael Pineda, Heritage (numbered to 300). This card was only available as a redemption giveaway at The National in Chicago in August. Bonus: It was touched by a Topps official representative - who handed it to yours truly. What? That's not a bonus? Well, it happened.
5) Complete set of 1987 (the wood grains) Topps minis (77 cards)
6) Fleer 1987 All-Stars (full set). Here's a sample...
7) Complete set 25-year Kmart oddball collection.
8) Fleer 1989 Update set.
9) Choice of three relics from a small grouping. No HOFers or anything.
10) The lovely 2008 UD Masterpieces featured in my previous post. This prize will include 65 cards of the 90-card base set. A nice starter set for anyone who missed these great cards.
I expect to have up to 20 choices total so stay tuned for the other choices. I'll also likely add some cards from your favorite team(s), unless you tell me not to do that.
I'm committed to wrapping this up and getting packages out before Thanksgiving.