5.08.2014

Won't You Join Our Baseball Card Collectors Group?

My poor blog has been long neglected even as I've been on a year-long rampage buying cards for my vintage collections - as well as Heritage that continues to enchant me.

Life has kept me busy but I have enjoyed spending time on Facebook in groups with other collectors. The growing masses of those groups have made things a bit unwieldy so this week I officially opened up a new group that I hope will become an exclusive network of trustworthy traders and sellers/buyers.

I already trust the blog community. It's the non-bloggers that have sometimes given me reason for pause - and regret. I plan to bring the known quantities of good guys (and ladies) to this group.



If you'd like to join, email me first at: dw.reds@gmail.com.

As opposed to allowing membership to several thousand people like some of the collector groups, I want this to eventually come in at between 300 and 500. But if you join, be patient. I'm taking some time to invite good people from the other Facebook groups. Our numbers will be quite low for awhile.

I want it to be a no-fuss place to trade, sell/buy and share collecting stories and even some general baseball history type stories. And, yes, you can point back to your blog every so often (think once a week - but more until we get our numbers to, say, 100+).

The group is not searchable. It's a closed group that your other FB friends won't be able to see - at least not what you post.

To join, I can either friend you or simply send you an email with an invitation, which I then approve.

Several familiar bloggers have joined this week. I'll be depending on a fair amount of word of mouth for this as well.

You might ask, what's the point of this when I run a blog for trading and collection sharing? I'll just say that Facebook has increasingly become a place where collectors are flocking.


Boog Powell implores you to join our new Facebook group.
Thanks everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I
    in finding It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to present one thing again and aid others such
    as you helped me.

    Also visit my blog - seo (http://seofornown4eva.com)

    ReplyDelete

Search Me *shrugs*